*Due to the growing concerns surrounding the Covid-19, the Spring RPVI course will be cancelled.
Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation™ (RPVI) Exam Review Course
Medical University of South Carolina, Gazes Auditorium, Charleston, SC
This 2-day advanced course is an in-depth review for physicians planning to sit for the ARDMS® Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation (RPVI™) Certification Exam. Physicians passing the exam will receive the RPVI™ credential from ARDMS®. This course will focus on reviewing the required vascular physics and interpretation skills as specified by the exam content outline, including case-based test question simulation.
Upon completion of this course, the participant should be able to:
• Demonstrate advanced interpretation skills for various noninvasive tests including abdominal, arterial, venous, and cerebrovascular studies
• Formulate a better understanding of ultrasound physics concepts and their application to the field of vascular diagnostics
• Pass the ARDMS Registered Physician Vascular Interpretation (RPVI) Certification Exam
Who Should Attend?
• Physicians planning to test for the RPVI™ Certification Exam
• Physicians (including but not limited to: vascular surgeons, cardiologists, radiologists, neurologists) who want to specialize in vascular ultrasound
• Physicians desiring to review and improve their vascular laboratory interpretation skills
• Physicians who require AMA PRA Category 1 CME Credits™
• Vascular technologists who want to be challenged in the vascular field and need additional CMEs
This course is PAPERLESS This means that we will not be distributing a printed syllabus at this course. All registrants will be given online access to each submitted speaker’s available presentations during the course. Some sessions may not have handouts as some presenters may elect not to allow their presentations to be distributed. Attendees are urged to bring a laptop to view the presentations during the course. Power strips will be available.
John G. Carson, MD RPVI FACS
Medical Director, Vascular Surgery
Maine General Medical Center
Associate Professor of Surgery
New England School of Medicine
Frank Miele, MSEE
Marguerite Marlowe, RN RVT
Medical University of South Carolina